It can be intimidating to put yourself out there and post on LinkedIn. The imposter syndrome sends your mind racing:
❌“I’m not an expert”
❌“What if I say the wrong thing”
❌“I don’t even know what to post about”
The reality is - everyone has value to add. You don’t have to be an expert - I’m certainly not one.
You just need to know a LITTLE BIT more than the average person about a topic. And who better to share your personal stories than you?
I've written 400+ LinkedIn posts the past three years, building my personal brand through #morningswithmatt and reaching 1.8M+ across 70 countries. I've had job offers, clients, partners, sponsors, mentors, mentees, and co-founders come my way. I've met amazing people around the world - some of whom are now my closest friends.
If you want to see results from LinkedIn, creating content consistently is a must. Here are 20 post ideas to get you started:
- Share a stat/trend from your industry and your related experience
- Create a poll to see what others want you to post about
- Share a selfie with a lesson
- Share a lesson you learned the hard way
- Share a failure you’ve had and how you’ve learned from it
- Share a takeaway from a book, movie, video, or event
- Share what you wish you knew before you did X (studied X degree, took your first role in Y industry)
- Share a story about someone you admire
- Share an FAQ from a customer or friend
- Share an upopular opinion you have
- Share something you witness (act of kindness, good sales pitch, loyalty program, etc.)
- Share why you pursued your profession
- Share a list of people you recommend others follow on linkedin
- Share a list of book recommendations
- Share a strategy you use
- Share steps you took to learn or accomplish something
- Share a motivational graphic or quote
- Share 3 things to consider before people do X
- Share the story of someone you look up to
- Share an article about what you learned from posting consistently for a month
If you’re looking for help writing LinkedIn posts or want an extra set of eyes to audit your content, drop us a note - we’re happy to help.